We are pleased to announce a new, complimentary service for our Axiom clients. You’re all familiar with the Proxy Voting forms we get in the mail, but how many of you take the time to research the issues and actually vote?
Let us simplify your life! Axiom will do all the due diligence and vote on your behalf.
The complimentary service will:
- Manage, track, reconcile and report proxy voting
- Vote electronically, eliminating paper proxies
- Reduce paper and reduce your carbon footprint
- Satisfy SEC requirements regarding vote reporting and record keeping
Axiom is offering this service to any accounts we actively manage on your behalf.
We know many of you are home with young children because of concerns around classroom learning due to the coronavirus. Understandably it can be hard to keep the little ones entertained when they are not doing school work. Here are some easy, free ideas the whole family can enjoy.
Take a Virtual Tour or Vacation
All sorts of places are offering incredible virtual tours including National Parks and famous museums. Zoos and aquariums have Live Cams providing hours of entertainment.
Among the museums you can “visit” with your kids are:
- Museum of National History in Washington D.C.
- Guggenheim Museum in New York City
- British Museum in London
- Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam
To explore Mother Nature, try a virtual visit to:
- Yosemite National Park in California
- Hawaii Volcano National Park
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico
- Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah
Visit a Zoo or Aquarium:
- The Live Cams at the San Diego Zoo will delight children of all ages. https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium also has Live Cams where kids can see jellyfish, otters, sharks, turtles and much more. https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
Need a fun activity to enhance your child’s learning? You can browse by subject and find free videos and lesson plans at pbslearningmedia.org
If you have a preschooler, here is a complete activity to try based on the poem “Mary Had a Little Lamb.” It gives you easy, step-by-step instructions that incorporate music, drawing, math and fine motor skills. You could adapt it to any poem. Your child will find it entertaining and most importantly, you’ll be able to do this!
Learning in Nature
Play a game of “Biodiversity Bingo.” Make up a Bingo card for kids to look for plants, flowers, insects, trees, etc. that can be found in your neighborhood. This can be as simple as finding a “Pink Flower” or “Autumn Leaf” or you can tailor it to older kids. Just google Biodiversity Bingo Card and you’ll find lots of examples to guide you.
Activities to Get Kids Moving
There are plenty of websites to explore new ways to get your children moving. Here are two:
- https://familyeguide.com/12-free-online-exercise-resources-for-kids/ offers 12 free online exercise resources like dance, yoga and conditioning.
- https://www.grouphiit.com/collections/free-kids-workouts will show you kids’ workouts for strength, core and cardio.
Now that so many of us are conducting our business and our social lives via Zoom, crazy unexpected moments are bound to happen. Like the time this curious cat walked across the keyboard in the middle of a meeting. Anything to break up the monotony – right? If you have a zany Zoom moment that got recorded, send us a screen grab to share. We could all use a little laughter right about now!
Axiom Financial Strategies Group, LLC is a federally registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Information about Axiom Financial Strategies Group, LLC can be found by visiting www.adviserinfo.sec.gov and searching by the adviser’s name. This is prepared for informational purposes only. It does not address specific investment objectives. Information in these materials are from sources Axiom Financial Strategies Group, LLC deems reliable, however we do not attest to their accuracy.
This article contains external links directing you to a third-party website. Although we have reviewed the website prior to creating the link, we are not responsible for the content of the sites.